Monday, July 30, 2012


Thursday night, I was sitting in therapy, drinking a sprite.  Normally, I snack on cheese and crackers and cookies in her office, but I wasn't feeling very hungry so I hadn't eaten, I just felt like I needed a drink.  I had thought the drive up after waking up from a fast nap had gotten me a little queasy because my sugar was low.  But about 2/3 through my appt, I started to get really Queasy.  I could feel my cheeks flushing, and my saliva glands kicking into overdrive.  

I dashed into the bathroom and made it just in time to toss the cookies I hadn't eaten. 

My therapist was worried about me, and I knew I was not pregnant. Must've been something I ate. So I went home. I called Eric telling him that I wasn't going to be making it to VBS for the closing tonight.  He told me not to worry, there wasn't much for me to do. The further I drove, the worse I felt. By the time I got home, once again I barely made into the bathroom on time. Looking back on the course of the rest of the evening, I'm amazed I made it home at all. For the next three hours I was double bucketing.  

I remember at the old house, there were 6 steps between my bed and the toilet.  At the new house...there are a Lot More.   

By 9 pm this was my view, from the bathroom floor, the huge long distance back to my bed right next to the window.  I couldn't even make it.  That's how far away it was.  I lay there on the cool floor with a beach towel under my head, and I dozed off, until the next wave.  It was Bad.  I don't have think I have been That Sick since the stomach flu of 2008.  By 10 pm, I knew I was still praying it would stop, bordering dehydration because so much was going out and I couldn't even get water in.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to take care of the kids, so Eric sent out a message for help.  Blessedly, we had a couple offers, and we were able to find care for Sam for Friday, because there was no way I was going to be able to do it.  

You know, I am Sick, if I'm too sick to be on the internet!  

That's a sign.  But by about 11, the mass purging stopped, I just couldn't relax enough to sleep.  It's weird to be so exhausted, so thirsty, and not be able to do anything about it.  I hate being that sick.  Sucks getting old, and getting sick.  That never happened when I was young and spry.  

* - This picture of my bathroom floor was NOT taken Thursday the 12th when I was near death sick, I took it the following week.  I did Think of it as I was laying on the floor, but I could only giggle as my camera was downstairs, and there was no bloody way I was getting back down there, so I'm counting it as the picture of the day, because I thought of it that evening.